1. A Great Place to work. Personal, relaxed, a small, intimate university environment. Good people, satisfying work, and a collaborative environment
2. Make a difference. Become a part of something that really matters
3. A Beautiful tree-lined campus. Classic 1929 Italian renaissance-style architecture, with impressive viewscapes, set above the town of La Grande
4. Small, family-friendly historic town. On the Oregon Trail, in the fertile Grand Ronde Valley at the base of the Blue Mountains
5. Exceptional outdoor recreation nearby. Skiing, fishing, mountain climbing, rafting, hiking, biking, camping. Close proximity to world class mountain wilderness
Why Eastern Oregon University?
Set in an historic small town, nestled at the base of the Blue Mountains and surrounded by fertile farmlands and breathtaking mountain wilderness, Eastern Oregon University is a great place to work. A member of the Oregon University System, Eastern Oregon is committed to students with roots in the intermountain rural West.
A small intimate academic community, Eastern Oregon was ranked number two in the nation by Consumers Digest magazine as "Best Value for Public Colleges and Universities". With only two thousand students on campus, small intimate classes, and 350 faculty and staff who are passionate about undergraduate education and serving our rural region, EOU is a very special place.
The University guides student inquiry through integrated, high-quality liberal arts and professional programs, including: 23 bachelor's degrees and partnership programs offering two bachelor's degrees in nursing and five bachelor's degrees in agriculture; more than 40 different minors; multiple pre-professional programs; and three master's degrees in business, teaching and science in education. Moreover, EOU is recognized as a national leader in distance education, offering extended opportunities for over two thousand additional students at 16 centers throughout the state and beyond.
Working in an environment where ideas are important, where critical thinking and collaboration are valued, can be exciting and rewarding and challenging. At EOU, you'll work with bright, diverse, and dedicated people, all of whom share a deeply personal commitment to advance and sustain a very special learning environment.